Marketing Strategist/Site Developer Position
Length of work: 8 week contract position
Number of Hours per Week: 35.00
Hourly Wage Rate: $16.00
Work Environment: This position will be primarily a remote position with weekly follow-up meetings with the supervisor.
Urban Block Media is an Ottawa based web design, development and marketing consultancy agency, specializing in developing websites and marketing strategies for small and medium sized businesses, as well as non-profit organizations. The company offers its clients with an
opportunity to boost their online marketing presence, allowing them to reach a greater potential client base. Through innovative marketing methods and strategies our clients are able to capitalize on new business opportunities to expand their business.
About the Job:
Our team is looking for a 8 week contract position to help with marketing strategy and website development. We want the successful applicant to gain valuable work experience that is transferrable and valuable.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work on creating, planning, and executing marketing strategies for Urban Block Media and its various clients customized to meet their unique needs
- Improving web development knowledge and learning new programming languages
- Development of WordPress based websites
Skills and Requirements:
- This is a position funded in part by the Canada Summer Jobs program. The successful candidate must be between 15 and 30 years old (inclusive) at the start of employment to qualify for this position, and must be a resident of Canada with Canadian citizenship or permanent residency.
- Studying at a post-secondary institution, preferably in Website Development, Marketing or similar
- Experience working with WordPress
- Experience installing WordPress sites
- Experience in building and using WordPress Themes
- Comfortable using a wide range of WordPress plugins and 3rd party integrations
- Responsive design knowledge
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with Photoshop and other Adobe tools considered an asset
- Experience with email marketing integration considered an asset
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Strategist Position”. If you have any questions about the position, please reach out to us as well.