Urban Block Media is an Ottawa based web design agency, specializing in web development services and strategies for small and medium sized businesses, as well as non-profit organizations. We deliver the highest quality website design services and our agency has a wealth of experience working in the web design industry and producing creative and innovative design services for a variety of different projects and clients.
We are currently hiring a Web Developer to join the Urban Block Media team. This is a part time position with an expected work volume of 10-20 hours per week. There is a possibility that the position would become fulltime in the future. This is a fully remote work position with a flexible schedule. Compensation will be commensurate with applicant experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the team to develop, create, update and maintain multiple websites
• Optimize content for Web sites using different graphics
• Design and develop user interfaces for websites by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout the development cycle; determine design methodologies and toolsets; complete programming using languages and products; design and conduct
• Recommending system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives
• Complete application development by coordinating client requirements, schedules, and activities
• Taking part in and contributing to team meetings
• Troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
• Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools
• Plan, design and modify web site code
• Conduct tests and perform quality control
• Contributing to the growth of the Company through feedback and ideas
• Acting, to the best of their ability, in alignment with the Company values
Skills and Experience
• Proven experience in website layout, design and development, including mobile devices (responsive design)
• Extensive experience developing websites in WordPress
• Knowledge of WordPress plugins, themes and other features
• Experience working with programing languages and technologies including but not limited to: PHP, JS and JQuery, CSS HTML, Bootstrap
• Experience with web analytics software
• Ability to work independently without supervision
• Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast paced deadline driven environment
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a resume by email to email@example.com. We thank all respondents; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.